Thursday, November 5, 2009

Grandpa Edd 2nd post for today

While we were at Pendleton we visited the Let 'er Buck room. This is the "official" bar of the rodeo grounds. It might seem odd that I would be in a bar but there is a reason for it. As I have mentioned previously my Grandfather was involved for years in the Round-up. Well at some point he and his brother were involved in a staged photo showing a oxen drawn supply wagon being pulled across the wilderness. This picture was several feet long and hung above the bar in the Let'er buck room for years. We went in to find that the original is not currently on display but a smaller version is still there. I managed to take a picture of it by special permission of the bar tender. (they usually do not allow pictures in the Let 'er buck room and you actually have to check your camera at the door. It's kind of a what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas policy as some round-up goers are not necessarily attending with there spouse and would rather their spouse not find out about it). Anyway I had my iPhone with me since phones are not checked at the door and the bar tender said I could take a picture of it. So here it is....




Grandpa Edd is on the opposite side of the oxen leading them and his bother is on this side walking next to the wagon.


This is my Grandfathers Grave. He died when my mother was 16. One of the things I have found I love about attending the Round-up is to feel closer to him and that side of my family. I never really new any of them except my Aunt Margaret but when I am in Pendlton it feels like he is not far away.

No comments: