Monday, September 1, 2014

My How Time Flies

All the Hachtel Siblings and Family at Lincoln City, Oregon 
Nearly five years since my last post. FIVE years. Let that sink in. I would like to say I will do better and I will be consistent in posting in the future, but reality is the next post might be in another five years, hopefully not though! So much has happened in that amount of time vacations to the Bahamas, Washington DC, and Japan. Trips to Utah for conference, and fun family get-togethers ranging from camping trips to visits to the coast, to weddings, and thankfully no funerals. Many niece and nephews sleepovers and fun days out. Life changes like being laid-off and going back to school. Moving far away from family, having family move to live with me. Graduating from the singles ward how nobody wants to and finding my footing in a family ward again. Being a temple worker and having to give it up for school. Starting nursing school, my first catheter and IV placement, taking care of patients and having to learn so many drugs.
Sara and I at Point No Point
I would love to blog about all that has happened and maybe will some day. Right now I am on the cusp of another trip before starting school again. This time I will be going to New York City. It has always been on my bucket list to go just below touring Europe. Since that will not be happening anytime soon New York moved up the list. I bought my plane tickets soon after school got out for summer. I have been busily planning the trip the last couple days and think it will be fun. This will be my first solo vacation and while I am nervous I am excited for the adventure that awaits.
 
Lexi and I on the Seattle Ferry
I had thought about working this summer but decided I wanted to take what will most likely be my last summer off to spend with family and doing things I love. That included trips to the Kah-nee-ta, nearly a month visiting Sara and her family, camping, hiking Lewis river falls, exploring the ape caves, picnicking at Point No Point, visiting Mt. St. Helen’s, exploring Mt. Rainer for uncle Pat’s birthday, having a reunion with my siblings and their families at the beach, Celebrating Grandma Betty’s 90th birthday, hiking Lacamas lake. Busy, busy, busy. It has been wonderful, and fun, I have no regrets.


Grandma Betty's 90th birthday celebration

School will start a little over a week after I get back. I should probably be preparing for that instead of dusting off my old blog and writing posts but I don’t feel ready to give up my summer yet and yield to the demands of school. Only two more terms till I will graduate. Then will come the dreaded NCLEX and then work. I can’t wait to join the ranks of the employed again. I have missed it and missed the security that comes with a regular paycheck. Plus I need to pay off my student loans and start saving for that trip to Europe!

No comments: